How we use your information’
- We collect and hold data about you for the purpose of providing safe and effective healthcare
- Your information may be shared with our partner organisations to audit services and help provide you with better care
- Information sharing is subject to strict agreements on how it is used
- We will only share your information outside of our partner organisations with your consent*
- If you are happy with how we use your information you do not need to do anything
- If you do not want your information to be used for any purpose beyond providing your care please let us know so we can code your record appropriately
- You can object to sharing information with other health care providers but if this limits your treatment options we will tell you
- Our guiding principle is that we are holding your information in the strictest confidence
- For more information about who are our partner organisations and how your data is used please see the privacy notice on our website or ask at reception
*Unless the health & safety of others is at risk, the law requires it or it is required to carry out a statutory function
Improving Access to Care
Quality Improvement Programme
We know appointments are overloaded, waiting times are long, staff are stressed. We want to improve access to care for patients, and to reduce staff stress.
What is it?
We’ve been measuring what happens at the really busy early morning phone call period, and gathering ideas for a new system of working to improve access to care, reduce waiting times.
The main problem is early morning calls and appointment demand.
The top five identified sources causing this bottleneck are:
- Script Request
- Test Results
- Letter Request
- Variability in action by Health Care Professionals e.g. charges, appts
- Appointment embargoes being overridden by doctors booking ahead for patients reducing availability on the day
Thank you for the many ideas from patients and staff that we have had for changes that may benefit us all.
We are analysing the results of the measurements and taking advice from researchers and other practices who have had success in improving access to care and reducing staff stress.
What will the process be?
We will make a series of small changes over the summer, measuring again, and keeping the good changes, and dropping the ones that don’t work.
Please note: We have reviewed and changed our appointments system
Blood test appointments can now be made online. Please go to the appointments page for further details.
Richford Gate Medical Practice
With patient’s needs at the heart of everything we do, our website has been designed to make it easy for you to gain instant access to the information you need. As well as specific practice details such as opening hours and how to register, you’ll find a wealth of useful pages covering a wide range of health issues along with links to other relevant medical organisations.
Take the Friends and Family Test Click HERE
In order to be able to contact our patients about results/appointments it is important that we have an up to date mobile number can you please ensure that you update your number with reception.
We do not provide online services for Under16's